Sunday, January 6, 2013

Commenting should now work

A quick service announcement, commenting should now work. You must be a registered user (either have a Google Account or some other OpenID account) in order to post a comment.

This is changed from previous settings where only members of the blog could post. I thought this meant that only people who joined the blog could post comments, and I would only have to remove/ban a user to keep spam down. Turns out this is not how this functions; it only lets people authorized to post in this blog to comment, too (currently only me).

As far as I can tell, there's no way to ban/block a particular user from posting. I'll see how these new settings work out, if it becomes a problem I may have to switch to a different scheme.

No comments :

Post a Comment